With this dessert you have the best of both worlds, 2 desserts in one, it is fun to make placing your own design on the top, it is low in carbs and gluten free, also if you are in the mind add some baileys for that little extra surprise for your guests.
Prep time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 40 minutes servings: 9 persons
For the topping
1 ¾oz melted chocolate
2 – 8oz cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla essence
¼ cup erthyritol or another sugar substitute
For the brownie
1 cup butter
1 cup ground almonds
2 tsp vanilla essence
½ tsp baking powder
1/3rd cup cocoa powder
2 ½oz chocolate, high in cocoa solids
¾ cup erthyritol, or another sugar substitute
- Heat the stove to 375°F and place greaseproof paper on baking tin, your choice of shape.
- Blend together all the dry brownie ingredients, using a bowl.
- Now, dissolve the butter with the chocolate, over boiling water, Bain Marie style, do not put directly onto the heat.
- Once dissolved take off and rest for 5 minutes.
- Next beat in the eggs, one by one, followed by the vanilla essence.
- Finally mix in the dry ingredients, blend together well.
- Place the mix into the base of the baking tin.
- Cream the cream cheese until smooth in a bowl, a power sourced whisk can be used for this if you have one.
- Once creamed, add the sweetener and vanilla.
- Now beat in the eggs, one by one.